Arabic Scene Text Image of ReGIM-Lab. (ARASTI)
Release Agreement (Download PDF version)
Character recognition has been widely understood as a means of mechanizing the process of understanding text in the written form to facilitate fast and efficient use of text. Indeed, text existing all around us presents information for peoples. However, tourists in foreign countries are unable to understand what indicate text on road signs, shop names, product advertisements, posters, etc. when they are unfamiliar with the native language of the visited country.
Currently there is no available dataset of Arabic script text images in the wild. Since our aim is to help the research community in standardizing the evaluation of scene Arabic text recognition, the Tunisian Research Groups in Intelligent Machines of University of Sfax (REGIM of Sfax) will provide the ARaSTI’2015 database freely of charge to mainly Arabic scene character recognition researchers and to increase total of researches done to enhance scene character recognition. This Database is used on .
Release of the database
This database could be downloaded from own Google Drive provided after scanned the release agreement.
The researcher(s) agrees to the following restrictions and requirements on The ARaSTI’2015 database:
- Redistribution:Without prior written approval from the database administrator, the ARaSTI’2015 database, in whole or in part, will not be further distributed, published, copied, or disseminated in any way or form whatsoever, whether for profit or not. This includes further distributing, copying or disseminating to a different facility or organizational unit in the requesting university, organization, or company.
- Modification and Commercial Use:Without prior written approval from the database administrator, the ARaSTI’2015, in whole or in part, will not be modified and will not be used for commercial use.
- Acknowledgment to ARaSTI’2015:In all documents and papers that report experimental results based on this database, ARaSTI’2015 Database should be acknowledged as: “Portions of the research in this paper use the ARaSTI’2015 Database collected by the Research Groups in Intelligent Machines, University of Sfax, Tunisia” and a citation to ”ARaSTI’2015 Database, http://www.regim.org/publications/databases/arasti2015/” should be added into the references.
- Citation/Reference:All documents and papers that report on scene characters recognition research that uses the ARaSTI’2015 database will acknowledge the use of the database by including an appropriate citation to the following: Maroua Tounsi, Ikram Moalla, Adel M. Alimi, Frank Lebouregois, “Feature Representation using Sparse Coding for Robust Arabic Characters Recognition in Natural Scenes” , ICDAR 2015.Download
- Publication to REGIM of Sfax:A copy of all reports and papers that are for public or general release that use the database should be forwarded immediately upon release or publication to the database administrator.
- Idemnification:Researcher agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the REGIM lab of the University of Sfax in Tunisia and its Board of Trustees, officers, employees and agents, individually and collectively, from any and all losses, expenses, damages, demands and/or claims based upon any such injury or damage (real or alleged) and shall pay all damages, claims, judgments or expenses resulting from researcher’s use of the database.
|Signature and date|
|(Legal representative, e.g., your supervisor if you are a student)|
|Organization and Address|
|Email (Free e-mail domain is not acceptable, e.g. gmail.com,|
Send a scanned PDF file by emails to the database administrators
: Maroua Tounsi, Ikram Moalla, Adel M. Alimi, Frank Lebouregois, “Feature Representation using Sparse Coding for Robust Arabic Characters Recognition in Natural Scenes” , ICDAR 2015.