REGIM-Lab. is a Research Laboratory in Intelligent Machines (code LR11ES48) located in the National Engineering School of Sfax (ENIS), University of Sfax.
Research activities in REGIM-Lab. focuses on intelligent machines that meet the needs of Society and Industry, and especially, the following topics:
- iBrain (Computational Intelligence, Intelligent Distributed Systems)
- Evolutionary computing, Swarm intelligence, Artificial immune systems, Fuzzy Sets, Uncertainty analysis, Fractals, Support vector machines, Artificial neural networks, Case Based, Reasoning, Wavelets, Hybrid intelligent systems, Nature inspired computing techniques, Machine learning, Ambient intelligence, Hardware implementations, Multi-Agent Systems, etc.
- iPerception (Vision, Document analysis and recognition, 3D)
- Classification, Classifiers Combination, Features Extraction, High Dimension Classification Problems, Handwriting Recognition, Handwriting Modeling, Motor Control, Perception, OCR, Arabic Script, Historical Documents Analysis, Remote Sensing, Affective Computing, Arab words recognition, Speech recognition, Online / offline documents analysis, 3D objects modeling, Video surveillance, Watermarking, etc.
- iData (Intelligent Multimedia Data Analysis and Processing, Decision support systems, Biometry)
- Big Data, Cloud computing, Web Mining, Data Mining, Biometric authentication, Web, Security, Encryption, Knowledge data extraction, Social computing, Medical image analysis, etc.
- iRobotics (Robotic Systems, Smart Cars)
- Autonomous robots, Multi-Robot Systems, Mobile robots, Human-Robot Interface, Embedded system, Humanoid robot, intelligent transportation systems, etc.